Hopefully for the Vegas Golden Knights

in Neuigkeiten 22.02.2019 04:00
von douhua2233 • Jüngling | 38 Beiträge | 38 Punkte

Hopefully for the Vegas Golden Knights Bobby Ryan Jersey , Christmas was a time to help them overcome their frustration of yet another overtime loss heading into their mini-holiday break.A 4-3 loss to the visiting Los Angeles Kings in overtime on Sunday was their second consecutive loss in the extra period in successive days (Montreal beat them in OT on Saturday in Las Vegas). It was the third time the Knights (20-15-4) had allowed an overtime goal in their last six outings.They had three days without practice since Sunday heading into Thursday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche (19-12-6) at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The Avalanche also enter the game looking for answers with consecutive losses and a 3-6-1 record in their last 10 games.Article continues below ...Frustrated Vegas goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury smashed his stick on the post and angrily skated off the T-Mobile Arena ice after surrendering an overtime goal to the Kings’ Tyler Toffoli on a breakaway Sunday.“I want to make a difference,” Fleury said. “I want to give our team a chance to win these games. I haven’t and it’s been pissing me off.“That last one, one-on-one with me, I should have made a save and gave us a chance to stay in the game. It’s two in a row now with both games being overtime losses. I’ve got to be better.”Defenseman Nate Schmidt’s decision to leave toward the bench for a substitute allowed Toffoli to take a long pass from Oscar Fantenberg just before crossing the blue line, triggering the decisive breakaway.Shea Theodore hopped over the boards in place of Schmidt and gave chase, but it proved futile.“It was a stupid change,” a dejected Schmidt said as he sat in front of his stall. “Stupid of me. It was dumb. I feel bad for (Fleury) and the guys.”Sunday’s loss also dropped the Knights to 3-3 in overtime games this season and 1-3 in the last four. They have also split two shootouts.“I think a lot of it is just mental,” forward Reilly Smith said. “It’s a pretty simple game when its 3-on-3, a lot of man-on-man and just making sure you stay in front of your guy.“It seems like we have been slipping assignments a little bit and they have cost us. Those are big points to lose, especially before Christmas. We wanted to win these last two and have a good end before this little break.”Colorado had a much-needed break after losing 6-4 at Arizona on Saturday. The Avalanche had played six times in the previous nine days.The game in Vegas begins a stretch of playing five games in nine days, including four in a row at the Pepsi Center in Denver.The Avalanche rallied for three goals in the third period to tie the score against the Coyotes only to allow a goal with 3:39 left and then an empty-netter with 12 seconds remaining.Alexander Kerfoot scored two goals http://www.officialsenators.com/authentic-adidas-chris-wideman-jersey , and Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon scored for Colorado.Philipp Grubauer allowed four goals on 16 shots and was replaced in the second period by Czech Pavel Francouz, who made 21 saves in his NHL debut.“We have to learn how to bring that every single night, right from the drop of the puck,” Landeskog said. “We were a little bit sluggish and didn’t execute in the first two periods, but the way we played in the third, that’s the way we’ve got to bring it every night.” LAS VEGAS (AP) — Brandon Pirri has become a welcome headache for the Vegas Golden Knights.Since being called up from the Chicago Wolves on Dec. 20, the 27-year-old has six goals and three assists in seven games, and he’s helped ignite the team’s hottest line. He and primary linemates Alex Tuch and Paul Stastny have a combined 12 goals and 10 assists in those games.Vegas wants to keep the party going, but that might be difficult with Max Pacioretty expected off injured reserve soon.General manager George McPhee and coach Gerard Gallant have a difficult decision:Send down Pirri, who wouldn’t have to clear waivers since he’s only been with the team for seven games.Or risk losing a different player on the waiver wire in an effort to keep Pirri on the active roster.“We want people making hard decisions for us,” Gallant said. “Pirri’s come up here and done everything we’ve asked him to do Craig Anderson Jersey , so when we have to make a tough decision, we’ll sit down and we’ll decide what we’re gonna do.”Pirri, Tuch and Stastny have become a formidable trio. Stastny, a 14-year veteran, has urged his younger linemates to stay aggressive, and they’ve been finding each other all over the ice.“He’s in the right spot at all times,” Pirri said of Stastny. “His character is so good, he talks on the bench, he makes my life and Tuckie’s life really easy. He tells you where he’s gonna be and we get him the puck.“We got a good thing going here and it’s a lot of fun being on this line.”Pacioretty has skated with the team this week and could return as soon as Friday night’s game in Anaheim. Someone will have to be re-assigned to Chicago, and it could be Pirri, who was named an AHL All-Star after leading the league with 41 points.The other likely options would all have to be exposed to waivers and could be lost to another team. Those candidates include Oscar Lindberg Authentic Erik Karlsson Jersey Kids , Ryan Carpenter, Tomas Nosek or recently acquired Valentin Zykov, claimed off waivers on Dec. 29.Pirri, Tuch and Stastny have outscore the team’s other active forwards by two points since Pirri’s recall.“I gotta be consistent, make the (upper) brass’ job really difficult,” Pirri said. “That’s all I can control, I’m just trying to work hard every day. If I’m consistent, that’s what every NHL team is looking for and it’s gonna show up night in and night out.”

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 5 Gäste sind Online:
zhangsan520

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: francisca110
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12022 Themen und 12509 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen