point before taking the loss with 30 winners and 41 unforced errors. "At 3

in Plots 18.09.2017 04:14
von bellis555 • Ratsmitglied | 631 Beiträge | 631 Punkte

ALLEN PARK, Mich. Cheap St.Louis Blues Jerseys . - Matthew Staffords homecoming is a secondary story line this weekend — if that.Still, theres something fitting about the fact that Detroits quarterback will play perhaps the biggest game of his career against the team he grew up rooting for in the Dallas suburbs — the Lions open the post-season in Texas against the Cowboys on Sunday.I dont need much motivation, its a playoff game. Win or go home gives you enough motivation, Stafford said. Obviously, itll be fun playing in front of a bunch of my friends and family, but other than that, just trying to win a football game.Stafford could really use a victory in this one. The No. 1 pick in the 2009 draft, hes put up big numbers during his career and helped the Lions return to respectability, but thats the extent of his accomplishments so far.This is the teams second post-season appearance with Stafford, and the Lions still have only one playoff win in the Super Bowl era — against Dallas in January 1992.The 26-year-old Stafford is at the point in his career where more is expected from a franchise quarterback, and an uneven regular season did little to quiet his legion of skeptics — even though the Lions went 11-5 to secure an NFC wild card.I was getting criticized when I was throwing for 5,000 yards, 4,000 yards and not winning games. Im going to get criticized, Stafford said. If you try and make everybody happy its going to be a long day for you.The Lions made the playoffs in large part because of their consistency. They beat the teams they were expected to beat, but they generally came up short in the toughest games on their schedule.Stafford is 0-17 on the road in his career against teams that finished the regular season with a winning record, according to STATS. That includes a playoff loss at New Orleans at the end of the 2011 season.It also includes last weekends loss at Green Bay, when the Lions had a chance to win the NFC North. Stafford was 20 of 41 for 217 yards and three touchdowns — good enough to keep Detroit in the game, but not good enough to win it.Stafford hasnt been helped much by his offensive line this season. Hes been sacked 45 times, and thats part of the reason hes thrown for only 4,257 yards — his fewest over a full season in his career.Coach Jim Caldwell made it clear he doesnt think Stafford alone will determine whether the Lions win or lose against Dallas.He has an opportunity to play great. Were hoping that he plays well, Caldwell said. It doesnt take him playing great for us to win. He just has to play well. Theres a lot of other people on that football team that have to do their job. Its absolutely not just a one-man show.One of Staffords best moments as a pro came last season in a home victory over Dallas. Stafford threw for 488 yards and won the game with a 1-yard run in the final seconds. Calvin Johnson had 14 catches for 329 yards in that game.It was a tough matchup for us and chips just fell where they did, Johnson said. We ended up having a great game on offence and it still was a close game. To be able to have the output I did in that game was crazy.Days like that have been few and far between for the Detroit passing game this season, but Stafford and Johnson are still one of the leagues most dangerous tandems — and another huge performance is always a possibility.There will be a time when you will say that Matthew Stafford is one heck of a quarterback, Caldwell said. Hes moving in that direction, and that could be come Sunday.NOTES: The Lions listed DT Nick Fairley (knee) as doubtful. He hasnt played since Oct. 26. OL Larry Warford (knee) is out.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Adidas Colton Parayko Jersey .com) - St. Louis Blues right wing Vladimir Tarasenko, Detroit Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk and Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury have been selected as the NHLs top players for last week. Cheap Blues Jerseys .com) - Winnipeg Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, Detroit Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar and New York Islanders right wing Kyle Okposo were named the NHLs players of the week on Monday. http://www.cheapstlouisbluesjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-oskar-sundqvist-jersey . He left in the 4th inning of Saturdays game against the Tigers after experiencing tightness. Reyes and the team still hope that he will be ready for Opening Day in Tampa Bay in one week.PARIS -- Aleksandra Wozniak and Sharon Fichman went down to defeat on Tuesday in the French Open first round, leaving 18th-seed Eugenie Bouchard as the last Canadian in the womens draw. Wozniak wasted a match point in her 6-7 (3), 7-5, 6-2 first-round loss to Romanias Sorana Cirstea. Torontos Fichman, ranked 77th, lost to sixth-seed Jelena Jankovic 5-7, 6-1, 6-3 in a match interrupted by darkness last in the second set on Monday. The first meeting between qualifier Wozniak, the world No. 149 from Blainville, Que., and 26th-ranked Cirstea lasted for just over 90 minutes in dry but chilly conditions. Wozniak, who has struggled with rehabilitation from a 2012 shoulder injury, had her chances to close out a win as she led the second set 5-4 But she dumped a backhand into the net on her winning chance, allowing Cirstea to eventually hold serve and tie the set at five games apiece. "It was one point to win the match, Im disappointed that I didnt cover it," Wozniak said. Cirstea then broke Wozniak for a 6-5 lead and tied the match at a set apiece a game later. The third set was a disaster for Wozniak, who lost serve to start and was beaten with a forehand down the line. Wozniak said she was carrying a thigh injury from her second qualifying match and felt it during her loss. "The first two sets were real battles," Wozniak said, before giving credit to Cirstea. "She played well, shes a good pplayer with a solid ground game, I knew what I was facing when I went into the match. Cheap Blues Jerseys Authentic. Im disappointed it didnt go my way today. "Still, it was god experience to win three qualifying rounds. They helped me put in the work I needed. Its been two years since Ive played on real (European red) clay." Wozniak finished with 42 unforced errors and lost serve seven times while breaking Cirstea on four of eight chances. The Romanian won despite 51 unforced errors. Wozniak had her best Grand Slam result at Roland Garros in 2009 when she reached the fourth round. Fichman won her opening set on Monday against former No. 1 Jankovic but trailed 1-5 when darkness fell. When they came back, it was Jankovic in command, with the Serb winning the second set and breaking in the second game of the third. Fichman played catch-up all through the final set and saved a match point before taking the loss with 30 winners and 41 unforced errors. "At 3-all in the last set, I felt I got back into it, I played some good games," said Fichman. "Shes a tough player and is where she is for a reason. "She didnt give any free points; I knew I had to try and earn the match myself. I had a break point at 4-3 but I couldnt convert it. But the fact that I put myself into this position and had the chances is a positive thing. I hope to keep improving and take the good things from this match." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 4 Gäste sind Online:
huge12345

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: feng xu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 11989 Themen und 12474 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen